Thursday, August 13, 2009

STOP!!!!! (Cont)




After taking out the two bolts holding the calipers on, I removed the caliper from the rotor and set it on the leaft spring...Then the rotors just slide off...I put on the new rotors, then removed the brake line from the caliper...I couldn't pinch the line due to the age, so I just placed a oil pan under the caliper to catch the brake fluid, and once removed, quickly bolted the brake line onto the ned caliper...(I bought loaded calipers with new brake pads already installed)...The rotors were about $37 a piece and the loaded calipers were $36 a piece...It was pretty inexpensive and easy to do...Once I put the calipers on the new rotors and rebolted them back in, I bled the brakes...Jack stands are important for this because someone has to get in the vehicle to press the pedal...This is not safe with just a jack....After bleeding the brakes I test drove the beast and the brakes work perfect!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment