Thursday, August 13, 2009

Screwed!!!




Here are a few more mud pictures while I discuss a major issue I had while installing new seat belts...Most of the bolts came out with a little strength and a torque wrench; however, the passenger side base of the seat belt would not come out...The screw was stuck in the floorboard and the use of the torque wrench only rounded out the screw head...I looked on multiple forums and it seemed to be a very common problem...I tried the screw extractor kits and in my opinion they SUCK!! The extractor bit snapped off with about 6 lbs of torque...I didn't have tools to handle this problem properly, so I went caveman on it and snamshed the little piece of crap out with a hammer...Although I lost the threading cap underneath the floorboard...I simply fixed that with a couple of oversized washers and used heavy grade bolts on the top and underneath...It worked great!!! All the new seat belts are in and they work great....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment