Thursday, April 30, 2009

On The Road Again?

Not what I really meant when I said I wanted to get this thing back out on the road...


Driving it a home a few days ago I started to hear this really awesome metal on metal, teeth grinding, teeth destroying sound coming from the area of the transmission...By the time I made it home, there was nothing left of the AX-5 transmission...DAMMIT MAN!


A very large expense whether I do it myself or pay someone to do it, so I am opting to have a professional tackle this project...Not that I don't think I could have figured it out, but lets face it, there is no chance in hell I am climbing underneath that Jeep and trying to unload the skid-plate and transmission...fix, and then put back together all on my own...This one is a little above my pay-grade...

Look how fast its moving! And it doesn't even run...YEAH FOR AAA Membership!!!
The Jeep has been dropped off at a local 4x4 custom shop that I will speak more about after I get the Jeep back and see what kind of work they have done.
The owner of the shop has been very fair in quoting repair costs...
I will discuss in more detail in the next few posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment