Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Gaskets!


After finishing the last few projects of this new endeavor I have undertaken, I decided to try something a little more advanced...

I had noticed that the idle had gone back to normal; however, after the engine heated up, it would again go high to about 2000 RPMs...Frustrated, I took the Jeep to a local mechanic near where I work and asked his opinion...A few hose checks and tricks later, he found that there was a vacuum leak somewhere in the throttle body or intake/exhaust manifold.

He found this out by placing his hand over the throttle body and realizing that the engine did not cut out; then he visually inspected the gasket around the intake/exhaust manifold, which was visibly worn and corroding a away...A $300 estimate later, I decided I may try this one on my own...

In order to prepare for this litte adventure, I decided to try something similar but less difficult...I will change a gasket, but an easy one...Lets try the valve cover gasket; that should be easy...I was in for a few surprises to say the least...

No comments:

Post a Comment